Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend review

Thursday:  Marley had her 15 month doctor's appointment.  I've blogged previously about being the mom when your babies are getting their shots.  At this appointment, Marley got three shots, and Marigold, who was there, so I thought, to get her second round of the flu mist, apparently didn't need the second round flu, but instead needed a booster of something else.  It's been awhile since Marigold has had a shot and she was so brave.  I had other plans for after the doctor's appointment, but we skipped the plans and drove through McDonald's for a smoothie.  I can count on one hand the number of times Marigold has been to McDonald's, but it fit.   

Friday:  This week, I heard Michelle Obama talking (on Oprah) about working moms "piecing it together."  We know that all too well around here.  Friday was the epitome of piecing it together.  Friday is my day off.  But I had a hearing at the Legislature.  So I was home with the girls until noon, at which time Jay rushed home and was with the girls until 2, when my mom and aunt were able to be here (also rushed), so Jay could rush back to work, until I came back home (you guessed it, rushed) by 4:30.  Jay had to rush to a work dinner after work, so I flew solo for the evening.  It was a pieced together day for sure.  But it was a good day.  All good pieces. 

Saturday: Gym, meeting, kid shoe shopping, laundry, build Frosty, Aunt Carmen's 30th birthday party!

Sunday:  The usual - church, lunch, errands, gym.  Marley ate Chinese hamburger hash (a family recipe)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment