Sunday, January 9, 2011

January-ness

 

This weekend both of the January blahs hit our household: we were snowed in and ill.  First, I was sick on Friday.  Throughout the day, the pervading thought in my mind was "how am I going to take care of both of these children all day when I feel like this?"  In the afternoon, I laid down and Marigold basically babysat Marley at the foot of our bed.  I was sort of awake, but they were not fully supervised by a fully conscious adult.  Maybe I shouldn't admit that on the internet, though I suspect I am not the first parent who has been in that situation.  And our room is pretty much baby-proofed and it was only about 20-30 minutes.  I think.  But still.  Anyway, then, on Saturday, Marigold was not herself.  She said her tummy hurt and she was cold and she had no appetite and no energy.  Turned out, she had a 103 degree temperature.  By Sunday, what is forecasted to be the worst snowstorm of the season had set in, so even though we were all feeling better, we stayed in.  To put off the inevitable cooped-up-ness, we ate pancakes, created a solar system replica in our laundry room, and cooked for the week (for us that means two meals with leftovers, plus one for a friend with a new baby).  We also synced our iPhone, prepared for a radiology lecture, put away laundry, and ran on the treadmill.  Whew.  Not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment