Saturday, June 18, 2011
Summer reading
It's summer and we're reading! Marigold is making her way through the summer reading program at the local library, with ambitions of quickly earning a free pass to the water park. Marley is trying to keep up with her big sister. And I recently joined a neighborhood book club. Which is more of a wine club than a book club, which works for me. Jay is taking a little break from reading books on his iPad while running on the treadmill (just thinking about it makes me dizzy), but he's checked off a number of classics this year.
Tomorrow begins our week of vacation. I can't wait to load up the car and drive to the mountains. We've been to Colorado twice previously with Marigold and both times I have re-read one of my favorite books, The Shelter of Each Other, about connecting our families. The setting and the book was a peaceful and centering combination. So I'll be reading it again this year, "disconnecting," and snuggling in with the three people I love most in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment