As I write, Marigold is at her second kindergarten round-up. It's a little confusing.
We've been worried about this because Marigold will be leaving her current Montessori school, where she knows everyone...it's her little world, to a bigger public school where she and we basically know no one. Or so we thought. When we showed up, I bumped into a friend from high school who married a guy from Jay's fraternity who has a little girl in Marigold's class. Then, we saw Marigold's wonderful soccer coach, whose son (and Marigold's teammate) is in Marigold's class. And then, we spotted a little friend from our Montessori school...who we didn't know will be in Marigold's class at the public school. The two Montessori friends united and rode off together in the kindergarten round-up sunset.
And now Jay and I are hanging out at a coffee shop until we can pick her up and take her out to a special post-kindergarten round-up #2 lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment