Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Big Sister, Little Sister


How cute are these outfits?  We got these Big Sister/Little Sister shirts at the Gymboree outlet on our Kansas City trip, and Marigold begged to wear them on Marley's first day of school.  I just couldn't do it.  As a Little Sister myself, I wanted Marley to have her own day.  I already struggled with whether to buy Marley a new lunch box or simply cross out the "Marigold" written in a black sharpie on an old one and write in "Marley."  I even thought, "eh, I could write "Marigold...'s sister" on the old lunch box and make due.  (I have since been informed by my own wiser older sister that I should start writing our last name in a sharpie on items to avoid this problem in the future.  Duh.)  Anyway, I decided against the hand-me-down lunch box and got Marley a new ladybug lunch box.  And then got Marigold a matching frog lunch box.  Once I got the new lunch boxes, I was committed.  Marley is already known to the entire school as Marigold's little sister, so I vowed to do what I could to let her start on her own terms.  So, they wore these outfits on Marley's second day of school.  After the matching rainbow dresses on the first day.  Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment