I have decided that I have the best birthday. First of all, May is the best month. It is full on spring. Blooming flowers, sunshine, neighbors out in their yards. Also, the first day of the month is nice. It's a new month, a new page, new things to look forward to. And it's easy to remember. Finally, it's a holiday, but not a major one. So, it's festive, but not like having your birthday on Christmas. It's actually several holidays: May Day, International Workers' Day and Law Day. All good.
And it was good day. A good weekend actually. Jay took me to my favorite (favorite of all time, favorite!) musical, Les Miserable, on Saturday night. It has been many years since I've seen it and it was like an old friend. I'm pretty sure at one time in my life I knew every word to every song. Jay had never seen it, so it was special to share it with him. Afterwards Jay said, and it's only a slight exaggeration, that Les Miserable is the inspiration for everything I've ever done (professionally) in my life. It is true that Les Miz came to me at a pivotal time in my life, as my views on the world were taking shape. The power of music and art is amazing.
Today, we went to church, out to a birthday lunch, and then - heaven - I went shoe shopping and used the gift certificate for a facial/massage that Jay gave me for Christmas. While I was in heaven, Jay and the girls delivered May baskets. And here I should say that the beautiful May basket in the picture is one the girls received from our neighbor friends. Ours were made with love using paper plates and pipe cleaners.

It is also nice that her birthday happens to fall on payday.
ReplyDelete-Jay