Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chicago

 
Chicago is an amazing city. One of my favorites. During our six years in Madison, we made several trips to chi-town. Enough to know our way around and have plenty of memories here. It has been four and a half since I've been back, since one last trip we took before we left Madison when Marigold was just a few months old. It felt great to drive up Lakeshore today. We took a mid-morning flight and arrived just before lunchtime. After stopping off at our hotel, we had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, napped at the hotel, and then made our way to Michigan Avenue. I told myself there would be no way to do much Christmas shopping and unfortunately I was right. We bundled up the kids and they were good sports, but the streets were just packed with people and the stores were too. We stopped in a few, but cut our losses and headed to Starbucks for some hot chocolate. We then took a swim, enjoyed happy hour, and got room service and watched college football in our room. Hello windy city! Good to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment