Thursday, July 21, 2011
Mommy-Marigold-Marley Days
As far as mom categories go, I identify mostly as a working mom. Though, being technically part-time and working from home regularly, I also have aspects of work-at-home and stay-at-home. It's a wonderful mix. Still, Marigold has been in at least part-time day care since she was six months old, so, while I have spent a lot of time lately reflecting on the start of kindergarten, it somehow didn't fully hit me until today that we only have a few more "Marigold-Mommy Days." Which is what we call Fridays or whichever weekday/s it works out in my 75% time schedule to eat breakfast in our jammies, play in the basement, go to the library, and soak up the Mommy-Marigold-Marley time. It's not like Marigold is going from full days at home to full days at school. Or that I am going from two kids in the home all day to one. But we do have these special days together, where the world slows down a little bit and we do our thing. And we've had them for five precious years. Of course, when kindergarten starts, we'll have afterschool time and summers, but it won't be the same. So, here's to savoring these special times a little longer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment