Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Mommy, can we listen to Katy Perry on the way home?"

What?!*@#  Excuse me?

True quote from Marigold when I picked her up from school today.

Apparently, Katy Perry is all the preschool rage.  At least in Marigold's social circle.  Now, I know all of Marigold's school friends and their parents (who are our friends), so it is kind of funny and random.  And Jay is right to point out that the song Marigold knows ("Firework") is liked by her because she thinks it is about babies ("'Baby, you're a firework'...see, Mommy, it is appropriate").  And I do happen to have that one song on my iPhone and I played it for her one time over the Fourth of July weekend considering it festive.  Unfortunately, it just fueled the fire.

So today I just said "um, no, I don't think so" and changed the subject.  "What was the best thing that happened at school today?"  Just as I was starting to worry that I had already begun to lose her to popular culture, it turns out the best thing that happened today was making a mouse mask. Now that seems perfectly appropriate.

1 comment: