Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Marley's first steps

Marley took her first (5) steps today.  Jay predicted she would do this while he was out of town, and there she went.  She just smiled and did it with real intention.  And then did it again and again.  I'm pretty sure she'll be full-out walking before too long.  Jay texted me that he was glad I got to see it and that I was with her rather than at daycare.  Not to say that daycare is a bad thing because Marigold was in daycare at this age (though, thankfully, she decided to take her first steps in our presence).   But the point sunk in.  It's been a blessing but also a juggling act to be a work-at-home/baby-at-work mom (increasingly arranging for back up help) this past year.  But, as millions of mothers before me have said, that moment made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment