Tomorrow Sarah will take Marley James to work again. Since early August they have only been going together on Wednesdays because we've had a babysitter on Mondays. Sarah works from Omaha on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Saturday we will go to Lincoln to take the office pak'n'play to Nancy's. Nancy starts watching Marley James after she turns one, October 9th. So, since the pak'n'play will already be taken down, Sarah will probably work from home next wednesday. This means tomorrow is Marley's last day at the office..
This is a big deal.
I should let Sarah share her own feelings about this year. However, from what I understand, there will be an end to a lot of obvious additions to her work day.
No more pushing the stroller across 9th street carrying the diaper bag purse, laptop and file bag. No more timing phone calls and meetings with naps and nursing schedules, not to mention diapers and fussiness. Also, no more nap laps and play time and oogling and cooing through the work-day. No more sneaking a peak or a kiss or a cuddle. No more sharing the time and each other's presence. I doubt it has been more of a challenge than Sarah imagined it would be. It certainly hasn't been less. She knew what she was getting in to. I didn't get the idea, however, that she was aware of how much she would grow in this year. There's another level of multitasking most of us will never know. It has been amazing to watch and I am incredibly proud of how she has handled each and every challenge in order to be both full-time mother and professional.
No comments:
Post a Comment