Thursday, January 5, 2012
Page from a working mom's playbook
After 11 days of vacation and with the start of a new legislative session, this mom had to get back to work this week. Marley's Montessori is back in session, but kindergarten was not. So we pieced it together. On Monday and Tuesday, Marigold attended after-school care...all day. Actually, I was able to pick her up both days by mid-afternoon, but there was still a lot of unstructured play time. Which is good and important and necessary, but, well, we've had a lot of it lately. The first day at aftercare, she came home and said, "Mommy, I got to play with a DS"(not typically allowed at school). On Tuesday, she said, "Mommy, we had a treat that was a snowman made out of bagels, but they were a dessert, with yummy white stuff on them." Ah, powdered donuts. It was probably good exposure for her given that she had never played a DS and apparently didn't know what donuts are, but we were ready for a stay-home on Thursday. I still had some stuff to do in the morning, so I grabbed my work bag and we packed Marigold's backpack full of workbooks and coloring books and a pencil case and headed to the neighborhood coffee shop. We got a latte and a hot chocolate and a couple of baked goods and worked side-by-side for a solid hour and a half. Marigold wrote a story and I wrote some legislation. Then we packed up and headed home for lunch and a play date, and then picked up Marley after her nap and headed to the park to enjoy the 67 degree January day. Tomorrow, to Grandma's house! Next week, back to the routine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment