Monday, January 30, 2012

70 degree day in January

As I have mentioned here in recent posts, these weeks have been busy for me at work.  Today, I just felt deflated.  I'm working on something that's been a steep learning curve and is still complex and difficult to navigate.  Not only that, but I've got piles of other things that need my attention.

But Jay was post-call today and I was working from home and it was 70 degrees outside (70 degrees in January!).  So Jay picked up the kids early and we went on a family run.  Marigold on her bike, Marley in the Burley, and Jay and me on foot for about 4 miles.  We stayed in step, talked about our days, and enjoyed the streets of our neighborhood.

I often wonder whether we are pulling off an amazing feat to be balancing this life as we do or whether we are failing miserably.  I worry that only time will tell.

But today running through the park, I felt like we are doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment