Monday, December 20, 2010

Pre-holiday weekend review

This weekend was special in so many ways and challenging in others.  I want this blog to be a place where we record the positive memories, but I also want it to be real.  So, while I report that this weekend had some amazingly sweet and special moments, it also had some trying parenting moments (lots and lots of reminders, lots and lots of time outs, etc.).  I guess the holiday stress and festivities can take its toll on all of us.

Friday: children's museum with Daddy during Mommy's conference call, errands, gymnastics, dinner at Zio's.

Saturday: pancake breakfast, last minute shopping for Daddy, date night (sushi restaurant and new Aksarben movie theater!).

Sunday: Omaha Symphony Christmas concert with Marigold's friend from school and her mommy, spaghetti dinner, birthday party for Jesus.

A note about the birthday party.  This was Marigold's idea, complete with a cake (of course), the Christmas story, and drawing pictures of baby Jesus.  As Jay said, the inspiration was probably two parts birthday party, one part Jesus.  But, still, when your four year old asks to have a birthday party for Jesus, you make that happen.


1 comment:

  1. Perfect. Love the birthday party. And Jay's comment, "two parts birthday party and one part Jesus." Sounds like our kids!

    ReplyDelete