From the basement sectional with Marley asleep on Sarah's lap at the desk across the room. John Denver tribute playing on NET. Loved John Denver. Can't believe he's been gone thirteen years.
We've got more to figure out, in so many ways. Now let's figure out how to blog also. A long, long time ago I was on some sort of long-range planning commission for my high school. Our primary charge was to write a mission statement. I remember being honored to be in the group, but hadn't bought into the purpose. To that point, I wonder if anyone there knows the High School has a mission statement; better, how many different mission statements have they come up with since. I, for one, cannot recite it, but I will never forget part of it. Of all the catchy phrases people wanted slipped into it, someone said we should be producing "lifelong learners." No kidding. Among everything we should learn, how to never stop learning, ought to be included. We'll likely one day write about trying to figure out which school to send the girls. If any one can make them lifelong learners, I'll take it.
Now, I've spent a reasonable bit of time learning and working hard to better myself for all the right reasons, or so I think; but I get tired. Sometimes, I want it all to stop. At least, I don't want anything extra. Parenting has inherent learning requirements, sometimes painful learning. Can't we just let that be enough; be happy for Tina, the writer, to have her blog? Do we really need to learn how to do something else? Just getting the whole thing set-up so that we can both post blogs and have our own names appear or our individual postings took a bit of learning. Sarah did it, she set it up and now I've got something new to figure out. Such is my life. The point here is to write as parents, documenting the adorableness of M&M. We'll document everything else, too; most of it will be adorable. I never would have done this on my own. But now, I can't want to have this place to go with our day. To put it down what was said and done. May they read it someday and have greater understanding of who we are, and who they are. May they see how much we love them. I now can't imagine missing this opportunity. Thanks Lex High for making me a lifelong learner. Thanks Sarah, for making me a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment